Monday, March 25, 2013

What Did You Mean When You Said That?

A couple of weeks ago my buddies Mark Waldrep and Warren Head pulled off our first Wild Game Dinner at Crossroads Church.  It was a blast!  A national champion Turkey caller, Doug Benefield, who lives in Sharpsburg did a demonstration, a guy named Billy shared his story that inspires hunters to be safety conscious and Gary Miller shared the gospel.

The week prior to going my son, Harrisen, was all geeked up about going--couldn't wait.  I didn't know why but I thought that it was cool that he was interested.

While we were standing in line to get our wild game--elk, rabbit, and duck he whispers to his mom:  "Hey, when are we going to play those wild games?"

Now I know why he was so excited!

Adventure Lesson of the day:

Communication is crucial!  You cannot assume that you are speaking the same language.

Comprende compadre?

1 comment:

  1. Ya gotta love the basic, and sometimes brutal, honesty of children. Frankly, I think the world would be a much better place if all just spent 1 day a week stepping back and viewing the world from a child's perspective. Thanks, John...hope your week is great!

    ReplyDelete